Program Manager (Full Time)
CSP is looking for a qualified program manager to be lead surf instructor as well as manage all of our scholastic and summer surf programs.
Job duties include:
– 60% of time: Lead surf Instructor on all surf outings
– Coordinate all logistics prior to surf day including, volunteer, site, participant,
school coordination, and curriculum.
– Lead surf instruction during surf day.
– Coordinate content (photography and video) of surf day.
– Teach surfing basics, both on land and in water.
– 20% of time: Volunteer Coordination including correspondence and volunteer list
– 10% of time: Assist in creating CSP program curriculum: Will work together with the
Executive Director to create a CSP program manual including lessons for youth and future staff
– 10% of time: Assist in event planning, development, accounting and other operational
needs of the program.
– At least one year working in youth development, teaching and/or surf instruction.
– Experience in educational setting and creating lesson plans (i.e. classroom, outdoor
education, camps, Teach for America)
– Surf experience: Competent and seasoned surf skills
– Ocean Experience: Familiar with the quickly-changing and challenging ocean conditions of
– Experience as an ocean/beach lifeguard and/or junior lifeguards instructor a PLUS.
– Valid Driver’s License with vehicle to drive participants and/or equipment.
– Will need a CPR/First Aid certification.
– Communication skills, personable, team player, and hard working.
– Public relations savvy when sending and responding to emails.
– Interest in non-profit and social justice work.
– Personal commitment to the mission of City Surf Project.
– Will need to pass federal background check in order to work with youth.
– 40 hours per week
– May include up to four weekend days per month (Saturday and Sunday)
– Compensation based on experience and competitive non-profit rates.
– Send resume and statement of interest to email@example.com
– In the statement of interest, please explain your interest in City Surf Project and your
qualifications for this position.