Intern with City Surf Project!
Become an Intern for City Surf Project
City Surf Project is a San Francisco based non-profit organization connecting underserved urban youth to the ocean and themselves through surfing. CSP uses surfing as a vehicle to teach: appreciation for nature, healthy living, and personal growth.
CSP is looking for a qualified intern who can assist in both surf instruction and administrative duties.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE
- Manage and update CSP’s website social media accounts.
- Manage and update CSP’s website.
- Volunteer coordination, including correspondence and volunteer list management
- Light bookkeeping.
- Perform data entry and management for donor database.
- Assist surf camp as needed, including surf instruction, photography, transportation, and equipment management.
- Proficient and comfortable using WordPress (or another website management platforms), MS Excel, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Public relations savvy when sending and responding to emails.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong swimming skills and ability to navigate ocean conditions.
- Communication skills, personable, team player, and hard working.
- Interest in nonprofit and social justice work.
- Personal commitment to the mission of City Surf Project.
- Must have 1 year of college completed
HOW TO APPLY
- Send resume and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the statement of interest, please explain your interest in City Surf Project and your qualifications for this position.
- Hands on experience with an outdoor education non-profit
- CPR certification and lifeguarding training
- Administrative experience and social media marketing experience
- Working directly with Executive Director and Operations Manager of a small non-profit
- Learning about accounting practices and bookkeeping for non-profit
- One week of vacation during July 3rd- 7th
- Potential stipend depending on performance