Introduction to Surfing Field Trip Program
- 32 days a year, CSP takes 15 High schoolers and a teacher to the beach for a four hour surf program. Students are introduced to the ocean, its creatures, basic safety and receive an introduction to surfing.
Summer Surf Camp
- Each summer, over 100 low-income middle and high schoolers from SFUSD and other organizations, spend one week at the beach with CSP, learning how to surf. Six, one-week camps occur with about 18 youth per camp. Youth learn how to swim, first aid, leadership skills, and develop a deep connection to the ocean.
Surfing 101 Physical Education Scholastic Program
- Twice a year, in three San Francisco (and growing) public schools Mission High School, Independence High School and Leadership High School, CSP runs a semester long (16 week), college accredited course for 10 to 15 high school students per school. In 2018, CSP expects 90 youth to go through this 90 hour program.
Surf Instructors in Leadership Training (SILT) Program
- The SILT Program is a seven week summer vocational program for sixteen students from San Francisco. SILT begins with a one-week intensive training with group and 1-on-1 instruction with a focus on: lifeguarding, ocean safety, surf instructing, CPR, outdoor leadership and community service. The first week is followed by six weeks as apprentice surf instructors during the CSP’s six, one week long Surfing Camps for San Francisco middle and high school students.
Student-Run Surf Clubs
- Students who love surfing meet on a regular basis to talk surfing, organize guest speakers, and field trips to the beach. CSP supports high school students as they form their club structure, provides structure for program plans, and helps club receive surfing equipment for free, and assists in developing surfing activities. CSP has launched the Surf Club Program with the purpose to seed and support Surf Clubs in schools throughout San Francisco. Over the next 18 months, CSP expects to help start four new Surf Clubs.
Community Partnership Program
- One Saturday or Sunday a month, 10 months a year, CSP collaborates with a specific youth organization to bring their youth to the ocean through an all-day surf program. Program includes: ocean safety clinic, oceanography conversation, beach clean-up, Surfing 101, and snacks.
© 2014 City Surf Project | Made with water.