More Details on Our Programs
Weekly Surf Classes
- An opportunity for our students to connect with the ocean every week.
- Weekly surf days include all equipment needed.
- 2-4 hours of surf time guaranteed for every surf day. Rain or shine!
- All surfs start with an intensive warm up session teaching the fundamentals of stretching.
- After stretching, we teach paddling and pop up essentials to get the kids riding waves in no time.
- We provide 1-staff member or volunteer for every 3-students to ensure everyone stays safe and has fun!
- Snacks and re-hydration provided throughout the day to keep everyone energized.
- Transportation to and from the beach provided.
Ocean Safety Clinic
- Our kids will learn everything they need to know to stay safe in the ocean.
- Swimming clinics will teach essentials of how to swim and manage currents in the open water.
- Lessons on currents and how to escape a rip-tide will teach students how to identify and deal with hazardous conditions .
- Limits training will emphasize the importance of surfing within your skill level and assessing when it is and isn’t safe to enter the ocean.
- Strength and conditioning classes will ensure proper fitness when entering the water.
- Quizzes will test kids on their new knowledge, and ocean safety days will give them a chance apply that knowledge.
Year Long Surf Intensive
- Participation in all weekly surf days for the entire school year.
- Two one-on-one surf instructor sessions per month to improve surfing skills.
- Four sessions with the San Francisco Beach Patrol to learn life-guarding skills.
- Bi-weekly fitness mornings to improve strength and conditioning
- Weekly nutrition seminars that teach the essentials of a healthy diet.
- Water safety certification and certification in CPR achieved by end of intensive.
- Enrollment in City Surf Club alumni association so the kids can stay connected to the program and ocean by volunteering and teaching others the skill they have learned!
- Board and wetsuits provided
- Transportation to and from the beach
- 2-4 hours of in water experience every surf session with hands on instruction by our talented team of staff and volunteers.
- On-the-beach lessons on how and when to try and stand up on the board when catching a wave.
- Essentials of paddling technique and weight distribution
- Three students to every instructor to ensure that everyone catches at least one wave!
- Snacks and drinks provided after every session!
CPR and Lifeguarding Skills
- Classes from a certified CPR instructor with the end goal of all students receiving a CPR certification by the end of the seminar.
- Hands on instruction by San Francisco lifeguards on how to remove a struggling swimmer from the water.
- Swimming intensives to teach the essentials of strong swimming and self reliance in the water
- Board safety and training for all students.
- First aid education, from treating hypothermia to minor cuts and bruises.
© 2014 City Surf Project | Made with water.